Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hi!

So, being the rebel that I am, I have skipped English 1a tonight mainly for the sake of all of my fellow students.  Seriously, who knows what would have happened had I subjected myself to another three hours of school today.  So, in an attempt to amend my absence from class, I have decided to showcase my informal English on this here blog. Enjoy!

It has been a fast paced and exciting few weeks.  For the tail end of summer I piled around Santa Monica missing my friends, family, and most of all, Sarah.  As she has already said, I got the opportunity to help her move down here and spent an awesome weekend with Ron and Anne Clifford too. (and friends!) From what I hear, Sarah's rents will be back in town in a few weekends for "Parent's Weekend" at UCLA.

Unfortunately,since we have been re-united, we haven't been as active as we both expected.  Turns out 16 units and an internship take up quite a bit of time.  Still, we recently went to a weekend art show on the beach in Santa Monica and met up with Sarah's long lost compadre Lauren. Glow was pretty strange but HEY!we got a few free drinks at the bar before hand thanks to a tipsy bartender and we even got a few shoe fulls of sand out of it. OH and the cab driver drove us home for $20.00 which was less than the actual fare. =)

Here are some from GLOW:


 Um... Techno?...



 Lauren and Sarah. Long exposure...



 This picture is cooler than the actual installation.



 Long exposure of the pier. SM



 A walking art man. He had metal mechanical wings. We flew Together



 lolz the above were from glow...



We were also treated to Zengo, a fancy Asian/Hispanic restaurant. Thanks Mom and Dad! Speaking of which! here's a story for ya!


Sarah and I took the bus to her apt. to grab some nice clothes for our date night. On our way back, we couldn't agree about which bus stop was the right one to exit.  Sarah, confident as ever that her stop was the right one, stepped off, leaving me alone in the far back seat.  Panicked that I would be forced to ride the bus a whole block by myself, I ran off of the bus just before the doors closed.  Just as the bus rounded the corner, Sarah turned and with a ghostly pale face reminded me: "Michael! Your backpack is in the bus!!!"
what she really meant was:"Michael! MY CLOTHES!"


Without hesitation, I turned and sprinted after the Big Blue Bus which, on any other day, would have been 50x slower.  "great!" I kept thinking; as the bus would approach a red light. Just as I would get close the the bus, the Godawful light would switch to green and the bus would pull ahead.  After what seemed like a few miles (maybe 3 blocks), my battered lungs and oxygen deprived legs gave up.  I turned, and staggered back to Sarah who had called the company.  Together we frantically ran home, jumped in the mustang and raced after the bus.  Number 8, number 8, number 8.  20 minutes and a couple miles later, after breaking just about every vehicle based law in existence and giving Sarah a couple heart attacks, we closed in on the Big Blue Bastard.

Straight out of cops, I cut the bus off at a scheduled stop. Sarah ran into the bus and acquired the bag which was in the possession at that point of a few L.A. teens.  Bag in hand, Sarah jumped back in the car and off we went. 


Its fair to say we were both rattled by the situation and the life threatening tactics we had taken to get our prized possessions back.  We struggled to talk to each other for a while knowing it would be better to avoid the blame game.  Still, this story was the topic of many discussions at school and work for the days to follow.  oh jeez lol.

I guess the last couple weeks have been relatively quiet.  Sarah got promoted to Manager at Victoria's Secret so shes been working longer hours which means I get more lonely time... I guess that's okay because I have about 15 sheets worth of papers due next week and another round of mid-terms coming up in two weeks.  Plus, I've been in contact with some guys with Santa Monica Rugby Club who have invited me to start training with them starting November 1st.  Eh, I guess its better to stay busy right? At least we're not bored! =)

 I'm going to leave you with a little sample of one of the endless reasons why I love my girlfriend Sarah Clifford. lol Shes going to hate that I put this up but I could hog it to myself!




1 comment:

  1. has to be my absolute favorite blog so far simply because of the video!!! made me miss you two even more though!!!!

    ReplyDelete